Potter’s and flame back in same tank

swimer499

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i currently have a 180 mixed reef 40% Acro 50% lps 10% zoa. With a wide variety of fish, clowns, fire fish, yellow tang and a potters angle... looking good for advice on adding a flame back angle. Mostly with response to the potters. I know all dwarf angles are subject to coral nipping and I’m not worried about that. But I’m worried about the potters picking on the flame back. Had a flame angle in the tank that the potters almost killed- now lives in the frag tank very happy. But my stupid clowns pick on the potters when it gets close... so does anyone keep a potters and flame back in the same tank 180g or similar have any advice?

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't expect anything different than what happened with the Flame unfortunately. Mixing dwarf angels can be tough. You do have a good sized tank on your side .

Carterfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea mixing dwarf angels isn’t often a good idea. I have seen I️t done though so don’t get your hopes down. Maybe try acclimation box with one of them and get the other one used to I️t. Your tank should be big enough for the both of them. All fish have different personalities though.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea mixing dwarf angels isn’t often a good idea. I have seen I️t done though so don’t get your hopes down. Maybe try acclimation box with one of them and get the other one used to I️t. Your tank should be big enough for the both of them. All fish have different personalities though.

I agree. Add them at the same time and let them sit in an acclimation box for a few days and then add them. It can help reduce aggression.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use an acclimation box for a few ideas. Flamebacks are a little more aggressive than a potters, so I wouldn't remove the potters, just utilize the acclimation box.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back