Potters angel

jisherwood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one in a mix ref tank for over 18 months with no worries. She share a tank with 4 Pecula Clowns, 1 Blue tang, Bi-Color blenny, and a watchman. Everyone is very happy. I feed flake food, Nori on a clip, Ocean Nutrition.
Very pretty fish. I have a friend say she will not live over 6 months. Well I am here to she has made it 18 months and appears to very happy :cool:

djreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a Potters Wrasse about 3 weeks ago and he was a little tough to get it eating frozen.
I started out with 2 bottles of Tigger Pods. It was the only thing it would eat for the first 5-6 days. Wouldn't touch live brine or black worms.
I even had to go get a 3rd bottle of Tigger Pods. ( probably could have gotten away with not getting it, but I wanted to be sure)
Then on about day 7, I noticed it would eat a little nutramar ova, then a day or so later it would pick at ROE.
It was going around the tank picking at the walls of the quarantine tank and other items in the tank.
Then a few days ago it actually started going after frozen brine and mysis.
So I wasn't sure for a week or so I wasn't sure if it was going to survive.

We currently have a Potter’s Wrasse eating frozen foods at the shop that came in last week. Real character, and absolutely beautiful. This is actually my first experience with one of these guys. So far so good given the difficulties normally experienced with this genus.

DJ

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my Potters for over a month...still not eating anything I put in the tank that I can see. Grazes constantly though, and doesn't look thin or pinched. He might be picking leftover food from the rocks, I feed a wide variety of live and frozen foods, and pretty heavily.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
After getting mine to eat frozen last week, I tried some New Life Spectrum small fish formula pellets and he ate them.

Orangutran

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched my potters at the LFS for 2 months, so I knew it was eating. Finally nabbed it when it went on sale, and I feed it pellets and reef frenzy. It's 8 months now, keeping my fingers cross. It picks at the odd monti (not LPS), but doesn't seem to be any damage. Beautiful fish, and I can watch it all day grazing the rocks. Basically, it depends on what you value more: fish or corals? :)

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 133 59.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 79 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.4%
Back