Potters wrasse

tp5056

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glad this thread was started. We have a leopard wrasse we got about a week and half ago. I thought he was dead the first week, then at the end he made an appearance. He hasn’t eaten yet and seems almost, um, blind. He comes out for about two or three hours a day, then goes back under sand. I just added pods today from Algae Barn, love them. He doesn’t seem to even care about the rock at all. Just swims around the edge of the tank. When the obnoxious clowns tried to bully him, he didn’t seem to see it coming or care about when it happened. The aggression has calmed, but I’m still worried he’s not interested in eating at all. Any words of wisdom about these amazingly beautiful fish. All my other wrasse ate frozen immediately, so I’m stumped.

I feed a combo of frozen brine and LRS reef frenzy ... it took a few days before it worked.

I always wanted to try live black worms but finding them locally has been a hit or miss deal.

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed a combo of frozen brine and LRS reef frenzy ... it took a few days before it worked.

I always wanted to try live black worms but finding them locally has been a hit or miss deal.

If you have a LFS that does freshwater too chances are, they will have live black worms. I wish I knew about them when I was trying with potters wrasse, never did have any luck getting them to eat.

Greg's 6.6 Pico

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked Top Shelf website and they don’t list fish, must be local sales only.
Hi there Big Fish, I work for Top Shelf, although we don’t list livestock on our website ( the nature of keeping it up to date with 2-3 shippments a week is just impossible) we would be more than happy to help you find one. Feel free to call the store and hit option 2 or 3, Or shoot us a message on Facebook we’ll be more than happy to help.

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The substrate in a Potter's aquarium is recommended to be "fine sand". The photos in this thread seem to have sand that is a little chunkier. Has anyone been successful keeping them long term is a substrate other than "fine sand"?

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The substrate in a Potter's aquarium is recommended to be "fine sand". The photos in this thread seem to have sand that is a little chunkier. Has anyone been successful keeping them long term is a substrate other than "fine sand"?
2-4mm is fine - you just don't want something big and jagged like crushed coral. They could cut themselves and possibly lead to a bacterial infection.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back