Powder blue drama

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I QT'ed my powder blue with copper at 2 or above for 2 weeks and he was all good, and then I added him to the 55-gallon and everything seemed fine, ok today I looked at him and he had bumps on his body, both sides. I tried to take a video but he cruises so fast throughout the tank that it's hard, as well if you change lights or anything he just hides. He has been in the tank for under two weeks now, and he is the most aggro eater. any ideas what it could be, and if its a problem how I can solve it? @vetteguy53081

Attachments

• IMG_2474.mp4
    6.6 MB
OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, want to note that it is behind his gills on the bottom side, and it isn't on the outside bu almost on the inside. Sounds very strange but just wanna make sure that just him and not some parasite that I need to treat for or something.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So I QT'ed my powder blue with copper at 2 or above for 2 weeks and he was all good, and then I added him to the 55-gallon and everything seemed fine, ok today I looked at him and he had bumps on his body, both sides. I tried to take a video but he cruises so fast throughout the tank that it's hard, as well if you change lights or anything he just hides. He has been in the tank for under two weeks now, and he is the most aggro eater. any ideas what it could be, and if its a problem how I can solve it? @vetteguy53081
The lighting in video extremely dark, that its impossible to see anything. For Coppersafe you want level at 2.25-2.5 and the bumps may be skin irritation or mucus cones. The treatment period is 30 as 2 weeks is premature and I assume you are testing the copper level?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back