Powder blue up if anyone is feeling generous.

BornHandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a lot of these "rescue" videos, and hate to admit that I need a rescuer to take my PBT.

I am happy to hand him over to capable hands, but he comes with a lot of baggage.

The history:

Came in looking great, got ich, black ich, then got over that pretty fast - like a couple of weeks fast...

But then something else that looked like a thick, cloudy slime coat infection set in almost immediately after that, and that lasted for months! During that time, he lost a lot of weight, got so thin I was sure he was on his way out. I just couldn't catch him, so I couldn't treat him with the traditional medications, so I tried melafix, and it was cured in just a few days. He's been steadily gaining weight back, and active - all indications are that he's healthy, but...

Now he had small white "worm like" hitchhikers. They don't seem to cause any harm, but he does scratch them against rocks periodically. Cleaner shrimp pick them off, but they come right back. A fw dip had no effect, and I am just not knowledgeable enough on pests and parasites to offer the best treatment.

I've found images of the exact ailment on the net, but never with a definitive answer on what it is, so he comes with a lot of baggage.

He's in a qt tank right now, happy as can be, but he can't stay forever, and I think I'm bowing out on Acanthurus species.

Text me if interested, 256-701-7123

Here are a few of the best pictures I have managed to get...

DSC_9304.JPG DSC_9332.JPG DSC_9301.JPG DSC_9298.JPG

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He's beautiful!

headdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always wanted one of those but have heard they are very sensitive. Let us know what you do to get him healthy.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a lot of these "rescue" videos, and hate to admit that I need a rescuer to take my PBT.

I am happy to hand him over to capable hands, but he comes with a lot of baggage.

The history:

Came in looking great, got ich, black ich, then got over that pretty fast - like a couple of weeks fast...

But then something else that looked like a thick, cloudy slime coat infection set in almost immediately after that, and that lasted for months! During that time, he lost a lot of weight, got so thin I was sure he was on his way out. I just couldn't catch him, so I couldn't treat him with the traditional medications, so I tried melafix, and it was cured in just a few days. He's been steadily gaining weight back, and active - all indications are that he's healthy, but...

Now he had small white "worm like" hitchhikers. They don't seem to cause any harm, but he does scratch them against rocks periodically. Cleaner shrimp pick them off, but they come right back. A fw dip had no effect, and I am just not knowledgeable enough on pests and parasites to offer the best treatment.

I've found images of the exact ailment on the net, but never with a definitive answer on what it is, so he comes with a lot of baggage.

He's in a qt tank right now, happy as can be, but he can't stay forever, and I think I'm bowing out on Acanthurus species.

Text me if interested, 256-701-7123

Here are a few of the best pictures I have managed to get...

DSC_9304.JPG DSC_9332.JPG DSC_9301.JPG DSC_9298.JPG

Hugely noble of you to care so much for this fish. Almost hoping s/he recovers and stays with you. Best fish in my display for sure. Good luck to your PBT.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back