Powder Brown only swimming in one corner

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello guys

I am asking for a fellow reefer here nearby in switzerland.

He recently rehomed all his tangs and bought a new powder brown tang which is now the only tang in his tank. The tank is the Red Sea Reefer 750.

Ever since the tang was introduced into this tank he only swims in one corner and up and down the glass.

What is wrong and how can he get the tang to a normal behavior? Tang is eating and healthy…

Its a SPS only tank heavy blue.

All other fish are totally normal… The tang is the biggest fish theres only anthias, chromis and a pair coral beauties.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My copperband did this at one side of tank,so put a towel over that side to see if it stopped,it just moved to other side of tank and did same so Covered that side also,so concluded seeing its reflection and fighting it as thinking another cbb,so stopped cleaning both sides with algae magnet for few months and he stopped doing it through day,but when tank lights go out and just small lamp on table and TV on at night he sometimes does it,so as daft as it sounds,I often through a blanket over tank at night as dont want him stressed.
I concluded its like when some mention putting a mirror at side if tank if get an ageessive tang so that tang fights its own reflection rather than other tangs/ fish.
I guess some glass is more reflective than others .
Now I'm at pount where clean with algae magnet all sides of tank,but still often put blanket Iver tank at night,and when tank lights are on he doesn't fight his reflection.

What I know of fish glass surfing ,it's they either stressed/ ill/ getting bullied or just simply fighting there own reflection or trying to get to other fish

Good luck and hope all goes well for your fish ^_^

Back