Mr. Wiggles

Mr. Wiggles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news (I think!)
I followed the advice of @Auto-pilot and things seem to be working now. I basically basted every nook and cranny with iso, allowed it to dry, then did the same with contact cleaner. I tested each socket with my powerhead, and they all worked, communicating just fine with the Fusion on/off functions. So, am I in the clear? The outlet makes a clicking noise when it's first plugged in, as well as when an outlet is turned on or off, but I'm pretty sure this is always the case, right? Just don't want to risk coming home to a burned-out apartment (who would?)

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good news (I think!)
I followed the advice of @Auto-pilot and things seem to be working now. I basically basted every nook and cranny with iso, allowed it to dry, then did the same with contact cleaner. I tested each socket with my powerhead, and they all worked, communicating just fine with the Fusion on/off functions. So, am I in the clear? The outlet makes a clicking noise when it's first plugged in, as well as when an outlet is turned on or off, but I'm pretty sure this is always the case, right? Just don't want to risk coming home to a burned-out apartment (who would?)
There is no way anyone can answer whether you're in the clear - Thats why Neptune recommends that if you have water damage that you send the unit in for them to examine/repair. I have a feeling there is a reason for this. For me personally - after the fire at our house - I would never trust (and no offense to those offering second hand advice) anything but an absolute experts hands on look at the equipment. For $250 - its not worth it (OH - and by the way - I'm not saying you're not in the clear) - just my opinion.

OP
OP
Mr. Wiggles

Mr. Wiggles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no way anyone can answer whether you're in the clear - Thats why Neptune recommends that if you have water damage that you send the unit in for them to examine/repair. I have a feeling there is a reason for this. For me personally - after the fire at our house - I would never trust (and no offense to those offering second hand advice) anything but an absolute experts hands on look at the equipment. For $250 - its not worth it (OH - and by the way - I'm not saying you're not in the clear) - just my opinion.
Makes sense, are there ways one might mitigate fire risk? Obviously keep it away from flammable materials like the stand, but anything else?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back