Power cord Management

Jivatma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting to the final stages of my build, and inevitably, power cords are becoming a concern for me, so I have a few questions...

1) From a safety and equipment protection viewpoint, do I need to be proactive in where I place my power bricks? Mostly just to prevent random splashes or worst case scenario, a leak.

2) I have a Marineland 75g stand (that came with the tank). Is it okay to drill some small screws inside the stand to hold equipment, power strips, etc etc? Or would it compromise the stand? I wouldn't drill any saw holes in the wood for sure.

3) Are there any types of prebuilt or semi-prebuilt things that I could buy and use/modify? I don't have all the tools to build my own fwncy stand. I'm also not on the "show off the organs" bandwagon of tank display. Yet anyways.

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting to the final stages of my build, and inevitably, power cords are becoming a concern for me, so I have a few questions...

1) From a safety and equipment protection viewpoint, do I need to be proactive in where I place my power bricks? Mostly just to prevent random splashes or worst case scenario, a leak.

2) I have a Marineland 75g stand (that came with the tank). Is it okay to drill some small screws inside the stand to hold equipment, power strips, etc etc? Or would it compromise the stand? I wouldn't drill any saw holes in the wood for sure.

3) Are there any types of prebuilt or semi-prebuilt things that I could buy and use/modify? I don't have all the tools to build my own fwncy stand. I'm also not on the "show off the organs" bandwagon of tank display. Yet anyways.
1. Yes and no, mount to the side of your stand so water will not be able to fall on top of them.
2. Yes, dont drill a huge 4" hole or anything, but don't worry about small ones for wires etc. (though I strongly recommend drilling thru paneling, not the supports in the 4 corners of the stand)
3. If you have room in your stand, most powerstrips have "hangers" on the back, install a small screw 1/4" into the stand and hang the strips. Easy and cheap.
PS: plug these into your outlet if they aren't GFCI and connect powerstrips accordingly. This clears up any worries on #1

Last edited:

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes, you can dill tiny pilot holes for short screws inside your stand. We do that to hold controllers and power strips

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back