Power cut adapter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I hooked this up to p4. How do I hook up say a car battery or 2 to turn on my p4 and atleast run my tunze powerheads which are on 1 outlet. I have 4 tunze on 1 outlet. Anybody willing to help me wire that. I can build a nice box to house 1 or 2 batteries

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also looking at tunze 6095's 21 watt max each... anybody know what the wattage of the P4 controller is so i can calculate how much total wattage to figure out what battery or batteries i need to get to run these for enough time...

cant find the wattage anywhere

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Michael Gray
Sounds like you're trying to do some interesting things. I'm using an UPS computer battery back up for the P4, KHD & doser. They don't pull much power. The power brick has all the ratings on it. You might have to do the math to get the wattage draw.
My understanding is that you plug the power cut adapter into a regular wall socket. So when power goes out the P4 that is still running on the battery back up sends you notification. I haven't bought one of these power cut adapters yet. But I will on my next GHL order. (waiting on the Ion)

As for the powerheads.. That's a tough one for me to figure out. If you want to run them on a 12V DC system you would need a inverter I think to swap you over to 110v AC. But how you would wire it all up to keep the batteries charged and still use the power heads during regular use.... I'm sure you need some form of an energized relay or two that swaps power over when wall power goes out. But for the most part I have never done any of that research.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to use a 100ah deep cycle batter with inverter. That will power 4 tunze and p4 for 10 hours. That is calculated at keeping battery at 80% blah blah. But for more of a outage or a outage I'm home. I'm planning on a manual transfer switch at panel set up to turn power on in office abs kitchen. I can run a portable generator too so I dont have to run extentions cords through windows or doors

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can hook the p4 and tunze up to a battery backup without the power cut adapter or I have to have it to hook up to a battery
Um..... huh? this a question or a statement?

My suggestion is:
1. Run the P4 off a regular battery back up. No need for an expensive unit. The P4 power block doesn't draw much. Yea, you could run it off your deep cell battery too. But I prefer to have the brain on a separate heart.
2. Plug the power cut adapter into a wall socket that when power in your home shuts off the P4 will sense it. Basically think of the power cut adapter is just a power sensor. Either it has power or it doesn't and it tells the P4.
3. Run your pumps off your deep cell battery set up.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My p4 is in the ghl power bar #1 and tunze powerheads are in #2. I was just gonna put that powerbar into the 12v battery setup I'm making. So p4 turns on and runs have power to run their normal waves for 10 hours.

Ans with the power cut adapter. I'll set the powerbar to only turn on #1 and #2 outlets and everything else will be off.

I guess in theory this will work. I'll find out. Lol

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If all you are trying to power are your Tunze powerheads I would look at using a Tunze safety connector.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If all you are trying to power are your Tunze powerheads I would look at using a Tunze safety connector.
I'd like to power the p4 so the tunze can continue their set wav and settings instead of going full blast and causing a storm. I dunno. Still design stage. This CA wildfire power outages is bull. I gotta just be ready

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back