Power head recommendations for fluval evo 13.5

Rico's Reefnecks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with (and used to recommend) the Hygger mini wavemaker. But it has a pretty narrow/forceful stream, and one day I decided to swap it out for a simple Hydor koralia nano 240, which has been *perfect*. In retrospect, I don't think you need a controller wavemaker on tanks this size, just the extra flow along with the dual nozzle returns will get you some nice turbulence going. I definitely would not spend some obscene amount of money on the "high-end" powerheads that you have to turn down to 5% to avoid takeoff!

OP
OP
ReefGuard Systems

ReefGuard Systems

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with (and used to recommend) the Hygger mini wavemaker. But it has a pretty narrow/forceful stream, and one day I decided to swap it out for a simple Hydor koralia nano 240, which has been *perfect*. In retrospect, I don't think you need a controller wavemaker on tanks this size, just the extra flow along with the dual nozzle returns will get you some nice turbulence going. I definitely would not spend some obscene amount of money on the "high-end" powerheads that you have to turn down to 5% to avoid takeoff!
Thanks. Good points here for me to think on.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the aqamai kps. Connectivity is a bit wonky but once set-up, it’s nice.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back