Power is out

DJMCB35

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you dont have one already, walmart pet and sporting goods departments sell battery operated air pumps that come with air stone. Utilize that for water movement and oxygen. If you dont have ice, but a bag of ice and place cubes in zip lock bags and place in sump to prevent temperature from rising.
The freezer should hold temperature for several hours. Place bag of ice in there
If there’s no return pump running, I don’t think an ice bag in the sump will do anything other than cooling the sump.

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My power has been out for about 19 hours now. I have no generator for my tank. I’ve been running it with a little bubble box to keep oxygenating the tank. I’m not sure if that’s the best thing to use. All stores that have generators have no power so I cannot buy one. I think all fish are still alive. Do you think they can still last another 12 hours? Is the temperature of a tank a big concern Or is it more about how much oxygen is in the tank. What are other ways to oxygenate the tank without having a generator?
If I were you I would go out of town and buy a generator.

OP
OP
Reef Devils

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread was from August… I assume OP figured the issue out by now (I would hope!)
Yes this was from a while back. I am surprised people are still commenting on this. Yes I actually have someone coming out this month to install a full house generator. I am super excited about that and I don’t need to worry again!

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes this was from a while back. I am surprised people are still commenting on this. Yes I actually have someone coming out this month to install a full house generator. I am super excited about that and I don’t need to worry again!
Nice! Lost my whole tank in a power incident a while back. Horrible

OP
OP
Reef Devils

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Lost my whole tank in a power incident a while back. Horrible
When I lost power I only 4 fish and 2 corals and was still freaking out. Sorry about your tank. How long was the power out?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I lost power I only 4 fish and 2 corals and was still freaking out. Sorry about your tank. How long was the power out?
12 hours in the dead of night when it was 90-98 degrees and no AC

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back