Power is out

Bam327

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And will probably be out for awhile with Isaias wreaking havoc in southeast PA. My generation is running and powering my 120 and everything that comes with it. I have a battery powered air stone as well.
I live in a neighborhood where it seems like I’m the only one with a generator running. The lots are all .3 - .5 acres in size, so I have neighbors fairly close all around me. I’m worried about the noise of running this thing all night. Would the air stone be sufficient to keep the tank alive until the morning? The low tonight is 65. If it’s questionable I’ll keep the generator running but if you all think I would be fine I’ll turn it off

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And will probably be out for awhile with Isaias wreaking havoc in southeast PA. My generation is running and powering my 120 and everything that comes with it. I have a battery powered air stone as well.
I live in a neighborhood where it seems like I’m the only one with a generator running. The lots are all .3 - .5 acres in size, so I have neighbors fairly close all around me. I’m worried about the noise of running this thing all night. Would the air stone be sufficient to keep the tank alive until the morning? The low tonight is 65. If it’s questionable I’ll keep the generator running but if you all think I would be fine I’ll turn it off
If not overstocked, I think the stone will be ok.
Might get power back.

metzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look up ways to deaden the noise...sound proof generator DIY.

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't think about running it, that's what you got it for right? I live in Staten Island NYC and our lots are way smaller and houses much closer together than yours, people ran theirs for days after Sandy and I didn't hear of any complaints. Wouldn't bother me at all. Only the jealous ones would have something to say.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 137 60.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 81 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.8%
Back