Power outage alerts?

dirtyxducks19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about power outages and coming up with an emergency plan. I have a generate and gas to keep things running for a while in the case of a power outage. My question is how do people go about monitoring is the power goes out when no one is home? I did some googling and found this company that others a single outlet monitored 24/7 that would text you alerts even without a wifi single due to whole home power loss.

Has anyone used this or something similar? I bet the Apex and the high dollar contorllers tackle this issue but I wanted to see if there are other ooptions

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My power company records outtages by town online. I could also get an alert from the power company on a cell phone if I wanted.

I have a landline with answering machine. If I call home and don't get the message....the power is out;).

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought something called an Isocket. It uses a sim card and cell signal to send you a text the moment the power turns off and when it's restored. The apex heart beat function is delayed by about 20 mins and is also dependent on wifi. So if you just lose internet connection, but your power is still on, the apex will tell you it's lost connection to the heart beat.

OP
OP
D

dirtyxducks19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did some googling and found the isocket company but can’t find the unit for sale anywhere. From what I read it’s exactly what I’m looking for. My worry is being on a vacation for a long weekend or stuck at work I can call someone if the power is out to help with the tank

do you have a link to the product by chance?

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did some googling and found the isocket company but can’t find the unit for sale anywhere. From what I read it’s exactly what I’m looking for. My worry is being on a vacation for a long weekend or stuck at work I can call someone if the power is out to help with the tank

do you have a link to the product by chance?

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what you'll be doing to start a basic gas powered generator after its been sitting awhile
jeremy davies lawnmower GIF

Get an electric start...

OP
OP
D

dirtyxducks19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha. No I keep my generator well maintained. The biggest problem people have is letting gas sit in it. You should alway run it dry before storage Just recently cleaned the carb and replaced spark plug for these reasons

View Badges
Solar best way been through 2 Hurricanes last year solar is way to go get 2 batteries and done with all generators and power outages.

Back