Power Outage Notification Service

chunkysoup56

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody use a third-party service to monitor the status of their home internet? I'm comfortable with making the assumption that if my home network is down that my power is more than likely out as well (or I need to at least investigate the status)

I know that there has to be a cheap (or free) tech/app solution that can "ping" my home network every so often then notify me when it's not successful???

I know that there are fancier (more expensive) ways to do this with Apex, etc., but this is just not in my budget @ the moment. I'm currently running a basic UPS battery back-up on a 10g NANO that will give me several hours of power supply, but doesn't have the capability to provide any notifications.

THANKS in advance!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you technical and have any remote servers? If so, then you can try and ssh into your home network... failure and you get a text. This is free and easy with about 10 lines of ksh or bash, but not everybody has access.

I don't have any other solutions, so sorry and bump for others...

KadeSirin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you technical and have any remote servers? If so, then you can try and ssh into your home network... failure and you get a text. This is free and easy with about 10 lines of ksh or bash, but not everybody has access.

I don't have any other solutions, so sorry and bump for others...
I use this to check, but I have fiber and a static IP. If you have a dynamic IP, you should get a dynamic dns and point uptimerobot at it as well.

I also have a VPN from the office going home, so if either end drops, I get an email.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use this

92A8A024-D5EE-403F-97A7-63F146DE43E2.jpeg

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 31 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back