Power supplies keep failing on DC return pump

NickHolmes

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2021
Messages
202
Reaction score
168
Location
South Africa
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've gone through 2 power supplies (black brick type) in a week. Can a DC return pump with controller blow the power supplies if there is a fault? It's a Mantis Tornado 4000.
It seemed to be working perfectly after replacing the last one but it just died again.
 
Is it plugged into a surge protector? If I had the same issue more than once, personally I would replace it with a higher amperage converter.
No it's not, it's 2.5A, I'll order a higher amp supply.
Pump is now running at 50% on a 1.5A, all I had left, hopefully lasts a few days:confused-face:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new