powerbrite or ecoxotics stunner

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can't wait to see your reaction. everyone i've shown the powerbrite effect to has been in awe...speechless dare i say! :D

tangdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still working on my lights for my 48"x48"x20".....switching that to Chalice tank...and old chalice tank to sps. I think it will be more room for chalices and also better suited.

Grant

Just need a little more info on t-5s

;-)

OP
OP
uchin

uchin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running the 453 and plan on adding the 403. The stunners and much slimmer so I was able to just stick on the ati sunpower. Led lighting is just for looking at corals after lights are off. Me sort of slight colorblind they they help to see all the colors. I leave my leds on most of all day and I think they color up corals.

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use 3 of the blue ones over my frag tank. i bought one powered unit and two slaves. for me they do wonders when i turn them on. again, though, i ONLY turn them on when i want to take a good look at things and for pictures. i believe you see the full potential of the corals with them running.

the frag tank is 24x24x8. i run four t5s over it mounted 24" up and they are not overdriven. i also have 2 more mounted with them and turn them on also to take a good look and for pictures. they, too, are not overdriven. the bulb combo is very blue. when they are all on it is 3 ati blue+, a kz fiji purple, and 2 uvl super acts. when i turn the leds on with them there is a brilliance that just isn't there w/ only the t5s. it is really a dramatic change. my favorite view is leds only, though! :D

las

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are the stunners the slimmest of the three? I cant decide between the stunners, powerbrite or finnex.....

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would like to see the stunners in person!

grant - did you get your powerbrites today?

las

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think im going with the stunners... they are way slimmer and make it easy if you have limited room in your canopy...

las

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
uchin.
On a 36 inch ati sunpower, how many stunners would you use? 4....6...? where are you sticking them?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 36 19.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 139 74.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.8%
Back