Powerhead for Waterbox 25 peninsula

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jbr2389
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jbr2389

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2014
Messages
26
Reaction score
6
Location
Massapequa, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a good powerhead that has a waterproof magnet that can go in the filtration chambers. I see people say the AI nero 3, it seems nice but expensive. Looking for suggestions for other powerheads or an idea has to how to waterproof a magnet myself. Thanks!
 
In terms of size, something like a Nero 3 would probably be the best. I'm fairly certain the magnet isn't waterproof (only water resistant), but you could just place it inside a small ziplock (etc.) bag before placing inside the filtration chambers.
 
I have been using the Nero 3 on my 25g peninsula, and I love it! Cannot comment on its longevity but it’s been a great powerhead so far.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new