Powerhead placement question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rezac
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rezac

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 22, 2015
Messages
79
Reaction score
13
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 210 gallon tank, I have an rw-20 and a maxspect gyre 150. Currently I am not sure where the best place to put my rw20 is since the gyre is always pulling a circular type pattern. The gyre is on the upper right currently, I took the rw out shortly after that picture to clean it up. Where do others suggest? Would I be better off selling the gyre and getting another rw for that side instead?

b029993e4ca5a7883423ef320e3981a9.jpg
 
I have good results from putting the Gyre 150 horizontal at the end (left) of the tank at the top about 1.5 inches below the surface. Then I have my power heads (2x Koralia 3rd gen) pointed in the opposite direction steady flow on the other end (right) down as low as they can go without creating a sand storm. My Gyre is set to pulse mode at 40% in 5 second intervals. The power heads help the flow at the bottom move along in the circular pattern without needing to set the Gyre too high. I get great circulation and nice wave action. My tank is 60"Lx27"Dx24"T
 
Ok. I will lower my rw some and see how the results are. Thank you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new