Powerhead placement?

ILOVEYOUHALFISH

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2024
Messages
252
Reaction score
82
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a good powerhead placement for a mixed reef?




 
20250614_190545.png


20250614_190545.png


20250614_190545.png
 

Attachments

  • 20250614_190545.png
    20250614_190545.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
  • 20250614_190545.png
    20250614_190545.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 43
Along as there aren’t dead zones building up lots of detritus, then that should be good. Corals also enjoy indirect flow so try to get them aimed away from directly hitting the corals. And always have something breaking up the surface tension.

I also have a fluval flex 32.5 and have found random flow generating nozzles significantly help with flow from the return pump.
 
I prefer to aim them at eachother or an obstacle to get some random flow going. However as long as there are no zero-flow zones you should be good. fish can handle and even like good strong flow, keeps them healthy.

Just have a look at your individual corals and correct flow if needed. (Doesn’t look like your powerheads are blasting corals, so prob you are good)
 
I prefer to aim powerheads towards each other so they bounce off each and create random flow patters. I aim one or both powerheads upwards towards the surface to create surface agitation, more than what you have now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new