Powerhead placement

fermentedhiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the process of setting up my display refugium. It's a custom 72x12x12 acrylic. I'm placing it in a header configuration so it drains into the DT. It is being fed by a separate return pump(Vectra M1).

I ended up going with the Current loop system for the display fuge tank. Cheaper and less cords to deal with coming down from the shelf that the tank is going on.

I'm looking at three of the 6004 660GPH eflux wave pumps. I have notches in the eurobrace roughly at the 1/4 and 1/2 distance. Curious what thoughts people might have on the orientation that might be best. FYI the return is split from 3/4 to dual 1/2 loc line and I'm using 1/2 VGA nozzles.

If I've read the info correctly the eflux loop controller will only actually do modes for two of the pumps. The third you can set flow on but nothing else. I was thinking of putting the "dumb" pump near the center pointed almost straight ahead(maybe a little angle to it) and the programmable one on either end at the 1/4 distance on the back wall angled toward each other and set in some sort of alternating or interference mode.

Thoughts?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the eflux wave pumps on my 90. Unless they have changed their system, the way I understood it was that 2 of the 3 pumps are "slaved" together to perform the same command.

OP
OP
fermentedhiker

fermentedhiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the eflux wave pumps on my 90. Unless they have changed their system, the way I understood it was that 2 of the 3 pumps are "slaved" together to perform the same command.

Essentially yes, but I thought when I was playing with the program there was an opposing mode choice, but I could be mistaken.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back