Powerhead Planning stages for a 240.

pledosophy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
422
Reaction score
291
Location
Long Beach, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at a 240g system that will be SPS dominant (96x24x24). Looking for the best choices to move the water around.

I am considering two MP60's. Not sure if that will be enough. I am also considering 2 of the Maxspect Gyres but I have read the glass on my tank will be to thick.

Are there any other things I should look into?

Thanks
 
The glass on your tank will be too thick for the Maxspect Gyres (ask me how I know!) That being said, I put some rubber foam padding on the back of my Maxspect magnets and the friction seems to keep them in-place. I use a pair of Red Sea ReefWave45s on my 72"x26.5"x23.5" tank on either side (varies from 20-60%), and the pair of Maxspect XF330 gyres on either side of the overflow (set to a constant 20%).

If you're just going with EcoTech I'd probably suggest 4x MP40s or 4x MP60s along the back of your tank. If you search Parker's Reef on YouTube you can see a great example of how he's setup his Vortechs on his tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new