Powerhead question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wild1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Wild1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
438
Reaction score
323
Location
Roseland
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would 2 Nero 3s plus the overflow return be sufficient for a 90 gallon, mostly LPS and soft coral tank?
 
I'd suggest at least Nero 5s. I have been running 2 Nero 5s in my 90 gallon at 70% for about a year. It's a mixed reef but mostly lps and they are doing well. I also have an open rock scape so that's another thing to consider.

I have a koji wada nephthea that loves flow. It sits in the path of one of my Neros so also consider the specific coral you'd like to have.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new