Powering lights with EB832

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you who use multiple light fixtures and use an apex, do you plug each light into its own outlet on the eb832. I'm going to eventually change my lights and for the new lights I plan on going with 5 of them. I was planning on plugging the power into my energy bar but I don't want to use up 5 plugs. Is there any reason not to plug all the lights into a cheap powerstrip and then plug that into one outlet as long as the lights don't go over the max wattage and current for the single outlet?

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plug all 3 VIPARSPECTRA lights into a surge protector and then into a single outlet on my energy bar. It uses about 155W, 1.3 amps.

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the new noopsyche lights which are supposedly 140w at max which should be about 1.2 amps. So 5 would be at 700 watts and 6 Amps at the absolute max. Also a review I saw of the lights said that at max they actually draw 116 watts. So either way it should be below what the eb832 outlet can handle.
If I overload a circuit does it just trip the breaker on the back?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back