Powering the dosing pump (apex dos)

rajbh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefers,

I am out of EB or any other nearby power outlet to power an apex dosing pump for auto water change. Can it be powered by the 1link cable from the EB2 ? Doesn’t look like it comes with it - so not sure if it is doable.

—rbh

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the DOS can be controlled and powered by a 1Link cable connected to either a 1Link module or an EB832. You just need to order the cable because it doesn’t ship with one.

I’m not sure what you mean by “EB2”.

AAD8DA1E-3BAF-4FF1-A426-B57D929C58EE.jpeg

Upvote 0

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run both of mine off that one Link cable, it's a very elegant solution to reduce wires, I wish they included it!

As a side note I was upset with how expensive the EB832 was at first when I upgraded to the 2016, then I realized it has all this extra functionality that the old one doesn't have. I think Apex should have advertised that you are almost getting all these extra outlets out of the EB832, I ended up really loving it. It works so well with the dosing pumps and the Trident, and actually cut out the need for a full power bar in my case.

Whiskey

Upvote 0

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run both of mine off that one Link cable, it's a very elegant solution to reduce wires, I wish they included it!

As a side note I was upset with how expensive the EB832 was at first when I upgraded to the 2016, then I realized it has all this extra functionality that the old one doesn't have. I think Apex should have advertised that you are almost getting all these extra outlets out of the EB832, I ended up really loving it. It works so well with the dosing pumps and the Trident, and actually cut out the need for a full power bar in my case.

Whiskey
Yes, the EB832 is essentially an EB8 plus a 1Link module rolled into a single device, without the need for a bulky external power adapter.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
rajbh

rajbh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Whiskey
Yeah - add the neptune wav also to the list - wish they have few more of those ports :) BTW i need a longer dosing tube for auto water change, so any airline tube with same dia will work ?

Upvote 0

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 33.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 32.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back