Powers for everything orrrrrr????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

LisaAhmad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I need a powerbar socket for every piece of equipment, or just the equipment without a PAB cable?

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your asking for a socket for each and every piece separately. Answer is no. U can plug the p4 and dosers on one outlet. No need to have them seperate. Powerheads can be on one outlet if you wanted. Just need individual outlets if you plan on controlling them

OP
OP
LisaAhmad

LisaAhmad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, poor wording. ;Happy
To control each GHL item (including powering it off), does that control occur via the PAB (eg P4 to doser 2.1) or do I need to connect the P4 and the doser 2.1 to a powerbar socket?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Powerbars are designed to control DUMB items. Items that have no independent control. However, I plug in Ecotech Pumps, powerheads and lights because I do shut them off for various tasks. The GHL powerbars shut off all power when I want my tank dead calm during particular tasks.

I would not power down the Dosers or anything connected via PAB. The reason is you will generate a PAB error and alarm.
Only items that need to be plugged in to the Powerbars are those that you want to control the on off function of.
I have return pumps, Powerheads, Skimmer and some misc pumps all using the Powerbars. All my GHL dosers and equipment are plugged in direct to wall power via a surge suppressor.

Variant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not plug those items controlled by PAB like doser, khd, head unit, etc on a controllable powerbar. If you need to cease operation on one of those items, you can just go into GCC and inactivate the function. For example, if you have a doser you want to stop dosing for a few days, you can just uncheck the doses. If you shut off power to it, you'll get a PAB error.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PAB devices that will be controlled by the ProfiLux (dosers, powerbars, KHD, Touch display, etc.) do not have to be connected directly to a powerbar socket. The control of these devices is done through the PAB cable itself.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back