Prazipro carbon removal time? Need copper treatment

jhOU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 2 clowns, royal gramma, and a firefish in quarantine. 2 weeks just observation, with no signs of illness, eating well and active.

Three days ago I dosed prazipro just to be proactive. Today the royal gramma is covered in ich spots, and one clown is flashing (no visible spots). I have cupramine on hand, but from what I understand the prazipro causes a reaction with cupramine making it deadly.

I did a 50% water change, and am now running carbon. How long until the carbon removes all the prazipro, so i can safely begin copper treatment?

mmarro99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd personally replace the prazipro water with tank water from my display and Add carbon to remove whatever residue is left over. I've used prazi in my display before and have seen my skimmer go nuts for about a week.

OP
OP
jhOU

jhOU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately my display tank is still cycling... so that’s not really an option

mmarro99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately my display tank is still cycling... so that’s not really an option
Then go to your lfs to buy water but instead of freshly made saltwater get water from their display.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can mix copper with prazi, but you have to watch out for a bacterial bloom (cloudy water) occurring. If this happens do a large water change to pull both meds out of the water. It's mixing copper with Prime that turns copper toxic.

andys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use copper and prazipro at the same time and get the dog gone bacterial bloom everytime with doing both meds i just wait it out a couple of days then start running carbon till clean redose copper to a therapeutic level

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back