Cupramine and Prazipro

HLand

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2023
Messages
23
Reaction score
3
Location
Cincinnati
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish just completed a 30 day long treatment of Cupramine at 0.5ppm last week. I have added Cuprisorb and Carbon in the tank to try to absorb as much copper as possible. I have also been doing more frequent water changes. The quarantine tank is 150 gallons so I am not able to do an extremely large water change all at once. I usually do about 25 gallons at a time. Currently the Cupramine is at 0.16ppm after a week. I was just wondering when I could add my Prazipro treatment? Should I wait until the copper is lower or would it be fine to start Prazipro now?
 
There's multiple fish that I quarantined at the same time so I didn't want to have all those separate tanks.
Also remember that the copper levels in your tank are far below the 'theraputic' - thus any risks should be lessened. Most of the time, though, it's recommended not to mix medications.
 
My fish just completed a 30 day long treatment of Cupramine at 0.5ppm last week. I have added Cuprisorb and Carbon in the tank to try to absorb as much copper as possible. I have also been doing more frequent water changes. The quarantine tank is 150 gallons so I am not able to do an extremely large water change all at once. I usually do about 25 gallons at a time. Currently the Cupramine is at 0.16ppm after a week. I was just wondering when I could add my Prazipro treatment? Should I wait until the copper is lower or would it be fine to start Prazipro now?

That's low enough to run Prazipro. You do need to dose Prazipro properly - have good aeration, no carbon or UV, run the skimmer, but don't collect the skimmate and then redose it about 8 days later.

Jay
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new