Precipitation help.

  • Thread starter Thread starter madcanary
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

madcanary

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2015
Messages
286
Reaction score
235
Location
Anniston Alabama
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I’m beating a dead horse, I’ve read as much as I can from Randys topic posts.
I filled a new tank with RODI and rather than slowly pour the salt in to mix I partially held a small bucket submerged and gently stirred it into the tank.
lo-behold it’s like a cloudy snowstorm in the tank it’s been this way for 3 days with no signs of submission. Gentle “flour” dusting on tank and equipment which I’ve managed to irrigate off daily with my hands and a sponge.
Alk.9.24
Mg 1320
Ca 430
This was using a redsea kit so there is a margin of error I’m sure. My reagents for the Hannah are 3 years old.
is this a wait weeks while the Reefmat slowly removes it and hope my new pumps don’t suffer or is there another solution I haven’t found.
 
Last edited:
That way of allowing the bucket to become super saline inside likely led to precipitation of calcium carbonate particles. I would not try to disslove it with vinegar. That will require too much.

They typically won't hurt anything, but may take a long time to settle out in low flow areas. Without rock in the tank, you may not have such areas.

Can you describe what the system consists of at the present time?
 
425G2, bare bottom, minimal rock/ negative Aquascape 2x MP40’s. Skimmer running.
So, setup for high flow SPS tank with no low
Flow area’s :facepalm
 
5D9A6789-5D44-4818-B441-48A401CF4561.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new