Preferred Reefer "ish"

Wrassenaround

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been purchasing things from BRS for a little over 2 years and I noticed this caveat tonight in regards to the preferred reefer program. It's very interesting that all of these companies are excluded from the 5X points program. Literally it seems like every popular company I the industry is excluded from this. I know BRS has sponsors, they have a profit margin to keep, and the companies probably have restrictions and don't get me wrong BRS takes care of their members with their sales and especially the Black Friday deals, but you would think at least since BRS owns Neptune Systems and Ecotech who owns AI they would be in on the program. I'm curious to get people's thoughts on this.

Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 6.59.57 PM.png

Beau_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It isn't any different than having XX% off sale and excluding all the MAP brands... which is essentially what most people buy except the BRS branded stuff. The 5X points is equivalent to a discount, and they aren't allowed to advertise that. So the "preferred" is mostly marketing.

It's stupid, but there's no fixing it.

Edit to add: Even though they are associated with Neptune/Ecotech, if they allowed the 5% back on BRS, they would have to allow for other retailers to offer a similar discount as well.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 29 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back