Preferred reefers event, points?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The preferred reefers event that just passed -- I guess I haven't read the fineprint before when I only received 1 point per dollar spent. Here are the excluded vendors if anyone hasn't read it. Also no coupon for next purchase said to go in every order. =p Aw well.

1Excludes Abyzz, Adaptive Reef, Algae Free, American Marine (PinPoint), Apogee, Aqua Forest, Aqua Illumination, Aqua Ultraviolet, AquaEL, AquariumPlants/CarbonDoser, Aquatec Eco-Systems, Aquatic Life, ATI Lighting (Clear Choice), AutoAqua, Bob Smith Industries, Bulk Reef Supply Plumbing Parts, Cepex, Coralvue, Current USA, D-D The Aquarium Solution, Easy Reefs, Ecotech Marine, Fiji Cube, Flipper, Focustronic, G.A. Murdock, Georg Fischer, GHL, Giesemann, Gryphon, Hanna Instruments, HM Digital, hW Wiegandt, Hydor, IceCap, Innovative Marine, Instant Ocean, Iwaki, JBJ, Kamoer, Kessil, Klir, Kuri-Tec, Korallen-Zucht, Mag-Float, MarcoRocks, Maxspect, Mr. Aqua, Mur-lok, Neptune Systems, Nyos, Ocean Nutrition, Oceans Wonders, Orphek, Oxo, Ozotech, Pentair, PolypLab, Radium, Red Sea, Reef Breeders, Reef Brite, Reef Chili, Reef Nutrition, Reef Octopus, Seneye, Sicce, Spears, Theiling, Trigger Systems, Triton, Tropic Marin, Tunze, Ultra Reef, Waterbox & XP Aqua. Wholesale Customers are unable to apply for the Preferred Reefer program. Other exclusions may apply.

yanetterer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's 1x for each of those brands and 5x for others. Not uncommon for MAP items to be excluded from rewards programs on most sites. Each product page also tells you how many points you'll receive underneath the price. I believe the rules for the event were that 1 in 10 got refunded in the form of points, while the other 9 out of 10 orders got a code for a free Carbon block. Since it was a one or the other thing, maybe that means you were one of those that got refunded. They did say it may take a few days for everyone's accounts to get updated.

That list is looking longer than a Kohl's sale exclusions though, maybe it is time to list which brands are actually 5x eligible.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The preferred reefers event that just passed -- I guess I haven't read the fineprint before when I only received 1 point per dollar spent. Here are the excluded vendors if anyone hasn't read it. Also no coupon for next purchase said to go in every order. =p Aw well.

1Excludes Abyzz, Adaptive Reef, Algae Free, American Marine (PinPoint), Apogee, Aqua Forest, Aqua Illumination, Aqua Ultraviolet, AquaEL, AquariumPlants/CarbonDoser, Aquatec Eco-Systems, Aquatic Life, ATI Lighting (Clear Choice), AutoAqua, Bob Smith Industries, Bulk Reef Supply Plumbing Parts, Cepex, Coralvue, Current USA, D-D The Aquarium Solution, Easy Reefs, Ecotech Marine, Fiji Cube, Flipper, Focustronic, G.A. Murdock, Georg Fischer, GHL, Giesemann, Gryphon, Hanna Instruments, HM Digital, hW Wiegandt, Hydor, IceCap, Innovative Marine, Instant Ocean, Iwaki, JBJ, Kamoer, Kessil, Klir, Kuri-Tec, Korallen-Zucht, Mag-Float, MarcoRocks, Maxspect, Mr. Aqua, Mur-lok, Neptune Systems, Nyos, Ocean Nutrition, Oceans Wonders, Orphek, Oxo, Ozotech, Pentair, PolypLab, Radium, Red Sea, Reef Breeders, Reef Brite, Reef Chili, Reef Nutrition, Reef Octopus, Seneye, Sicce, Spears, Theiling, Trigger Systems, Triton, Tropic Marin, Tunze, Ultra Reef, Waterbox & XP Aqua. Wholesale Customers are unable to apply for the Preferred Reefer program. Other exclusions may apply.

The points earned on most of these brands is 1x point per dollar spent on them while other brands are earned at 5 points per dollar. Due to MAP agreements many MAP brands do get excluded from being able to earn a better point balance. There are some brands that do allow us to provide 5x points on this list and we do want to be transparent about the points you earn and show the points you'll earn near the price of each product.

Keep in mind that your points that are earned or won can be spent on the MAP brands just like other products. So if you do win $600 in points you can use the $600 towards a Radion, Reef Octopus Skimmer, etc.

The remainder of this event for those that didn't win the Rewards Points refund, you will be getting coupon codes for carbon blocks which is a bit different than other appreciation events. If you do have any questions on these events don't hesitate to ask us or reach out to our support team for more information.

harbsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if I were to have ordered anything from Neptune but my name was called and they said I would be getting the full amount back, is that still true? If so when should I expect to see the points added to my account?

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The maximum amount of points awarded for any order was $599.99 in Points, so if your order was that price or lower you'll be getting those added to your account very soon. With the holiday last week, our team is working on getting points updated for the winners over the next two weeks. There are tons of winners to get points added to so it will take a bit of time, but should be completed for everyone in the next two weeks.

harbsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if the order was over $599.99, I would get the $599.99 back in points. Not the total order amount. But ordering thing that are MAP brands won't cause me to not get any of the points right.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like trying to use a coupon on a big merchandise retailer where the only thing not excluded in the entire store are the packs of gum at the register!

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if the order was over $599.99, I would get the $599.99 back in points. Not the total order amount. But ordering thing that are MAP brands won't cause me to not get any of the points right.

You get the Rewards Points as a winner regardless of the item you got, anything on the website could be refunded back in points up to the $599.99.

The confusion on the MAP topic is the every day points earning where some items earn 5 points back per dollar (non-MAP) while other items earn 1 point per dollar spent (MAP items). These MAP rules only apply to how you earn the points on your purchase normally and how coupon codes work on most but not all items (depending on the coupon). The MAP pricing is not an issue for the winning from the recent Live nor does it apply to spending the points once they are earned.

OP
OP
T

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an update 1.5 mo later from original post. Still no rewards points or carbon block reward. You guys are the best, sometimes.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an update 1.5 mo later from original post. Still no rewards points or carbon block reward. You guys are the best, sometimes.

The team did update these within 2 weeks of the video, if your account was not updated please contact our support team so they can take a look at what is happening with the update on your account: https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/customer-service

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back