Pregnancy peppermint shrimp

macara.brooks

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 12, 2025
Messages
43
Reaction score
42
Location
kincardine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have two peppermint shrimp and I believe one of them is pregnant and I’m just looking for anything I might need to know or really anything I should know about the shrimp. It looks like the eggs are fertile, but I’m not 100% sure so I’m just looking for some insight or anything you guys think I might need to know about the shrimp. Or anything I should do prior to possibly having more baby shrimp. This is what she currently looks like best photo I could get.

image.jpg
 
Our peppermint shrimp are constantly having eggs/baby shrimp. Have never had one baby shrimp "grow up" because we have fish in the tank. You might see little baby shrimp in the nooks but I think they all get picked off by the fish.

They are hermaphrodites so both of the shrimps will likely produce eggs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new