Pregnant Peppermint Shrimp

Amber Vassallo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my husband has 2 peppermint shrimps in our tank and i noticed that both of them are pregnant, we haven't had any other peppermints in there for quite a while so how is this possible? i'm confused. i'm almost 100% sure they're both pregnant, i google plenty of pictures of pregnant peppermints and they look identical. you can see the eggs at night. i need answers. lol

OP
OP
A

Amber Vassallo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i can try but it's gonna he hard because they hide. but i went it again last night after the lights were out and shined my flashlight on them and you can see the eggs. whatever those flap things are under the belly were open and it looked like the eggs were almost coming out or gonna fall out. lol they're definitely both pregnant.p

OP
OP
A

Amber Vassallo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any two peps can make babies, they are both male and female.
Goes for skunks and Fire shrimp.
so basically if you have more than 1 they can get each other pregnant? i didn't know that. so they either got each other pregnant at the same time or 1 got pregnant first and then the pregnant one got the other pregnant? i'm confused. lol
ones much bigger and that's the one i noticed was pregnant first, i seen the other one (smaller one) but not real good because he/she hides even more and i figured he was daddy but the other night i noticed he or she whatever the hell it is lol was carrying eggs as well. i didn't know that was possible. i was thinking in my head "did my cleaner shrimp get them pregnant" but the hubs said that isn't possible so i figured i'd make an account and post on here to see if i could get answers.

OP
OP
A

Amber Vassallo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any two peps can make babies, they are both male and female.
Goes for skunks and Fire shrimp.
do you know how long they stay pregnant for? think it's been a week since i noticed.. don't think my hubs is gonna go the extra mile to raise the babies. guess it'll be extra food for the fish!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back