Preparing for UGLY Stage#2.

FellowSclownfish20270

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2024
Messages
59
Reaction score
22
Location
San Jose
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I wanted some tips from every reefer who has had so much experience with beginning a tank and dealing with the ugly stage/phase because I want to prepare myself when I get into the center of the ugly stage timeline throughout my journey. At the moment I have surpassed diatoms. I am now entering the green Algae stage. At the moment it is starting to grow on my rocks and glass like usual but I don’t like the fact that I need to scrape off the algae off the glass because it will flow throughout my tank and it’ll grow faster since it travels everywhere my tank.

Therefore, I want to know what can I do to reduce the amount of algae that will grow throughout my tank. I also want to know what you guys could have changed in your tank during the ugly stage so it’s not too stressful and too much work to either clean the glass, etc.

At the moment I plan to reduce the intensity of my lights, feed less, and do monthly water changes. If there’s any tips that you guys have, feel free to share!

Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new