Preset Heaters - Yes or No?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RaymondL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RaymondL

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2022
Messages
989
Reaction score
354
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the market for a new heater - there are many to choose from especially the Preset temperature ones VS Adjustable.

Is having an adjustable temperature heater better than having a preset one? I like the idea of plug it in and never have to worry about adjusting the temperature. Again, how often does one need to change the temperature anyway?
 
I think they would be fine for a smaller tank not a large tank . Titanium heaters with temp controler is the best.
 
+1 on never running without a controller.
 
I have an InkBird controller coming in the mail today.....so thinking of getting a secondary heater as a backup in the tank and considering a preset one. It's going into a 13 gallon nano.
 
I have an InkBird controller coming in the mail today.....so thinking of getting a secondary heater as a backup in the tank and considering a preset one. It's going into a 13 gallon nano.
I love presets. Much cheaper and simpler. Use that in connection with a temperature controlled outlet and you are golden.
 
I second that can never be to careful with cheap heaters . I would have a back up on hand.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new