Pressure on False Claim Products

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW - curious - what if your toothpaste - which seems to be re-invented every year - does not prevent cavities, does not prevent gum disease, etc etc. IMHO - The majority of these claims are untrue. I remember (back some years) when dentyne gum supposedly prevented cavities - there was some huge lawsuit (which they lost) - now there is at least one gum producer making the same claim.
On this note, I just use water 90% ot the time to brush my teeth, it seems flossing aggressively handles breath issues for me, i am the only person I know in their 30s to not ever have had a cavity.

I don't understand why abrasives are always needed. Sometimes it helps though.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On this note, I just use water 90% ot the time to brush my teeth, it seems flossing aggressively handles breath issues for me, i am the only person I know in their 30s to not ever have had a cavity.

I don't understand why abrasives are always needed. Sometimes it helps though.
You don't have cavities, mostly because of genetics and flossing. That does not make toothpaste a scam, and in fact most toothpaste (ignoring the marketing) has beneficial ingredients, like Fluoride, desensitizers, detergents (surfactants), medications known to stimulate gum recovery, whiteners like peroxide, baking soda, etc.

SaltyCabbage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW - curious - what if your toothpaste - which seems to be re-invented every year - does not prevent cavities, does not prevent gum disease, etc etc. IMHO - The majority of these claims are untrue. I remember (back some years) when dentyne gum supposedly prevented cavities - there was some huge lawsuit (which they lost) - now there is at least one gum producer making the same claim.

The way I see it is the act of brushing the teeth will prevent cavities, not what’s in the toothpaste. It does not matter the claims of the product, so long as I brush my teeth correctly I should see the results I’m looking for.

Now if I were to believe that using this specific brand of toothpaste gave me more protection or made similar claims (like prime detoxifying ammonia) I would have an issue with that specific product.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have cavities, mostly because of genetics and flossing. That does not make toothpaste a scam, and in fact most toothpaste (ignoring the marketing) has beneficial ingredients, like Fluoride, desensitizers, detergents (surfactants), medications known to stimulate gum recovery, whiteners like peroxide, baking soda, etc.
Actually I'm pretty sure there is a lack of research showing flossing is actually beneficial.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"But the experts who removed the flossing recommendations from the dietary guidelines did not find flossing was useless. They only found that flossing had never been well-studied and that the evidence to date was inconclusive. If my cousin has gum disease, flossing might be important for his oral health. "

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which is exactly what I said.

Actually I'm pretty sure there is a lack of research showing flossing is actually beneficial.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1702085471258.jpeg

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A toothbrush is more important than toothpaste, when given the choice to only choose one.

Flossing is very important.

I use all 3.

An electric toothbrush is better than a manual one for removing plaque and preventing gum irritation.

Next? I love dental hygiene.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A toothbrush is more important than toothpaste, when given the choice to only choose one.

Flossing is very important.

I use all 3.

An electric toothbrush is better than a manual one for removing plaque and preventing gum irritation.

Next? I love dental hygiene.
Flossing is very important if you have popcorn stuck between your teeth :)

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flossing is very important if you have popcorn stuck between your teeth :)
If you care about your teeth, you probably shouldn’t be consuming much popcorn. Many dentists will not consume popcorn. Lol

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whitening toothpaste :thinking-face:

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 8 13.1%
Back