Pretty Porites

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Joined
Nov 2, 2016
Messages
2,750
Reaction score
5,733
Location
Mount Morris Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am currently in school on the island of St Kitts and have been doing a lot of snorkeling. There are a fair amount of Porites here, most being a tan or cream color, but at one particular reef, I saw a beautiful purple colony growing. It has a much finer branching appearance as well.

I was unable to get a picture at the time, but luckily for me, another student did and I was able to snag it off facebook. Hopefully you all enjoy it as much as I do.

Tan/cream colonies typical here (pics taken by me)
2021_0121_17233100.jpg

2021_0226_13140200.jpg


Purple colony

FB_IMG_1637355562808.jpg
 
Last edited:
Man purple branching porites would be nice to have. I don’t remember seeing this in the hobby yet. Thanks for sharing!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new