Pretty sure it's a montipora

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bpultz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bpultz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2015
Messages
194
Reaction score
63
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
180a530e8a24215225cc37450f87d7e7.jpg
448ae23fb40ef1f2310fd8eaa65c12af.jpg


Pretty sure it's a monti but I'm not sure what kinda it is

It was my bonus coral from vivid aquariums
 
Looks like a cyphastrea to me
The individual polyps don't seem to be bumps like cyphastrea. But that's just my 2¢


It's already one of my favourite corals just because of how much it pops even without running a lot of blue
 
Polyps look to large to be a monti. My vote goes with Goni. Might be an encrusting type. I bet those polyps start to extend and sweep.
 
So going to vivid aquariums website (it was a bonus frag from them). I'm torn between it being montipora setosa and a red goniopora.


I've just never seen any goniopora sunken in but that may be because it's new to my tank I suppose. Now to research lol
 
2c3a70b3c2de9e68154b8c5808eafb1b.jpg


Here's a sort of side pic. I can't get a very good pic on my phone but this is under mostly whites so it really is amazing color
 
Its a 'short polyped goni'. I've seen a lot of these coming in lately. They look great!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new