Preventative treatment for Anthias in QT

nkyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Sunburst Anthias was always on my wishlist so when a good deal appeared I picked one up. I've always been concerned with Uronema since Anthias are susceptible to the disease. Prophylactic treatment seems like a good idea but I'm unsure of the plan. My thought was to get him eating well then start 30 day coppersafe with the first 10 days combined with Metroplex. Once the 30 days are up and copper removed I'll follow with two treatments of Prazipro. Can anyone share their view or if they've QT'd Anthias what procedure you followed.

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i QT 2 carberryi anthias and 1 Square anthias over the last 2 months i just run metroplex for 10 days and 2 rounds of prazi then monitor personally i dont like to use copper unless i have to but your outline for treatment should work rather well

OP
OP
nkyreef

nkyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i QT 2 carberryi anthias and 1 Square anthias over the last 2 months i just run metroplex for 10 days and 2 rounds of prazi then monitor personally i dont like to use copper unless i have to but your outline for treatment should work rather well
I'm not a big fan of copper either. I've ran it successfully but I lost a wrasse in QT a few weeks ago. Did you have any problems getting your Anthias to eat?

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a big fan of copper either. I've ran it successfully but I lost a wrasse in QT a few weeks ago. Did you have any problems getting your Anthias to eat?
no they ate within the first day or 2 of being in QT the squarespot ate the first day i fed mysis shrimp now they eat mysis and flake still cant get them to eat pellets but im workin on it

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back