Price increase..Really

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staghorn

Original Reef Gangster
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen the increase in finish birch Chinese plywood price rise dramatically and there’s allot of suppliers who are out of Chinese birch until further notice. I honestly prefer to use domestic maple plywood because the quality is much much better and when you cut it you aren’t choking on all the crap mixed in with the wood. The domestic maple actually has reall wood in it. Hopefully the price of the Chinese stuff gets high enough where people will start using only the domestic stuff. Support North America! We need all the help we can get.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: My fish and I have agreed that going forward I would perform 10% fewer water changes in exchange for a 10% increase in feedings. At least or until food prices go up 10% then we will have to renegotiate.

dhnguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it's time to seriously look into DSR reefing method.

Last edited:

iMi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In that case, there is only one "guy/party" to blame for the current gas prices that are pushing these shipping rate increases. The current fuel surcharges that are being added to everything are not from the "previous guy" in any way. If "previous guy" was still in, gas prices wouldn't be anywhere near where they are.

And trust me, you don't need to tell me anything about American consumers and their demand for the lowest price at any cost. I see and deal with it daily. We are constatnly bombarded with "I WANT AN AMERICAN MADE (insert product here)!"....so we show them the American made items and magically that tone changes into "THESE PRICES ARE RIDICULOUS!"

My opinion with some of the super low quality Chinese stuff coming in is that they were first to open back up and therefore the only factories that could fulfill some of these orders. Sadly, we the consumer are paying for that in terms of quality right now

Current freight rates have nothing to do with gas prices or any associated surcharges. Current or even the past administration has done little to impact gas prices. The last to actually expand U.S oil production was Obama, so I am not sure what your'e talking about. Inland freight isn't the main problem. It's ocean freight and there are no new fuel surcharges we're seeing. What we are seeing is container shortages, container surcharges and custom delays. There are also fewer vessels available in some areas.

Factories in China span the range. I've seen them all. From dinky little shops with a fan in the middle to state-of-the-arts production facilities with literally one person running them and robotic machines doing the rest. One of the factories we own has a room I dubbed "Houston" because it looks like a space shuttle control room. What you're likely seeing is labor issues. We see them, too. We have some factories that are still behind on their orders with customers waiting for shipments that should have gone out before CNY. It's just crazy.

iMi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: My fish and I have agreed that going forward I would perform 10% fewer water changes in exchange for a 10% increase in feedings. At least or until food prices go up 10% then we will have to renegotiate.

At least you're making progress. I've hired a conflict resolution expert to settle the issue. Price was right. Just twelve cans of grain-free wet food, but as it turns out, dogs aren't very good at mediation. She's just barking at everybody!

Staghorn

Original Reef Gangster
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1620390902657.png

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the TropicMarin forum in reef2reef not twitter.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks everyone but this thread has ran its course and is just going to continue to spiral into politics. Several comments are being removed and have been removed. We’re not going to sit around and police the comments today. It’s Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back