Price's Innovative Marine SR-80 Build

ThePriceSeliger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! New to the forum, and relatively new to the hobby. This will be my second tank after a catastrophic failure the first time around. My goal with this tank will be pretty much 100% automation since I travel quite a bit.

Here is the build as she sits now, dry as can be.

The build is as follows:
Innovative Marine SR80
2x Kesisl A360W
Full Apex controller - AFS/ALD/WXM/PM2/LSM/BOB
1 Ecotech VorTech MP40
EcoTech battery backup
2x Innovative Marine mid-size media reactors running BRS ROX carbon and BRS HC GFO
Innovative Marine Ghost Skimmer
2x Cobalt 150W Neo-Therm
Tunze ATO
Stenner 170DMP4 for automatic water change (Will exchange .5 gallons 3x daily)
2x BRS 1.1mL dosing pumps controlled by Apex dosing B-Ionic Cal and Alk
70-90 lbs BRS Reef Saver Rock and a few #s of shelf rock
Fiji Pink sand running about 1.5-2.5 inches

The cabinet is very spacious but since it has two dividers it made installing the Apex and all the components rather tricky.

I'm still waiting on my BRS RODI unit so hopefully we can get wet by this weekend or early next week.

The stocking list for corals will be very varied. I plan to have a lot of SPS, a nice euphyllia and zoa garden, and other softies as I see fit.
The stocking list for the fish isn't determined yet, but I already have a pair of clowns. One black ocellaris and one traditional ocellaris. I'm looking into a Blenny, maybe a tang, a mandarin if I can hold a stable copepod population.

I hope this thread becomes a full progressive story of the tank, and hopefully it'll be full of success.

Thanks for looking and following along!

jkirk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you are off to a good start. Automating things with the apex makes things a little easier when you have to travel frequently

OP
OP
ThePriceSeliger

ThePriceSeliger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished my aquascape! Once rocks get into this tank, it gets really small! But I was able to make caves, overhangs, hiding places, a valley, and even a few small bridges.

Now filling with water, this should take a while

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great start!! I love these tanks!! :)

OP
OP
ThePriceSeliger

ThePriceSeliger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cycle started today with the help of 60lbs of live sand and a bottle of Bio Spira. I may add a smaller bottle of Dr. Tims in a few days.

My MP40 is flashing a red and green light. From what I've read I will need to send it back. Still having a few issues with the Apex, but hopefully get everything situated later this week.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tank in a beutiful setting. I will want to follow along for this one!

OP
OP
ThePriceSeliger

ThePriceSeliger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great so far! What do you think of the Kessil's so far?

The Kessils color, intensity and shimmer are all incredible. However, it doesn't seem to communicate with the Apex. The on/off time and temp setting all work, but the intensity and spectrum do not follow the Fusion graph and it's driving me nuts. I'll have to do some more research before I can give you an accurate review. Otherwise, really love the aesthetics of them.

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like everyone else is saying, great looking tank and location. Can't wait to see it with fish and coral. :)

OP
OP
ThePriceSeliger

ThePriceSeliger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I just spoke to EcoTech, they are sending me a new wet side assembly for the MP40, BRS is replacing some leaky parts to their 6 stage RODI, and I'm waiting on an e-mail response from Neptune about my Kessil issues. I have not tested the tank yet, probably won't for a few more days until I see something.

Here is my makeshift water making station on the other side of my apartment. This is where the Stenner dual-head peristaltic pump will sit. I'm using the waste line from my laundry machine to get rid of the RODI and old salt water from my auto change system.

OP
OP
ThePriceSeliger

ThePriceSeliger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess what showed up today! Okay, I'll tell you! The Stenner!

Got it set up and running, and tested to make sure it can handle the head pressure I had planned.

And then a little DIY action to make my AFS clear the edge of the lid. (Still not complete)

Tomorrow I'll get the auto water change running. I may not start it yet since I'm still in the cycle. I added a bottle of Dr. Tims this evening, so I'll test tomorrow and see if it's time.

OP
OP
ThePriceSeliger

ThePriceSeliger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the auto water change up and running. It's exchanging about .5 gallons 3x a day. Once at 10AM, once at 2PM, and once at 6PM. I love the Apex!

I need to install a low float switch in my FSW container, but I can't find a good mounting option. I want to use the extra float switch holder that comes with the Tunze ATO. Anyone know if I can buy them separately from the ATO?

I tested yesterday, Ammonia was .25, everything else was zero. Not really sure what that means for my cycle, but I assume it's not done.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back