Pricing Help on a basic green and purple tip hammer colony?

  • Thread starter Thread starter aray
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

aray

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 24, 2018
Messages
146
Reaction score
159
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if this belongs here, or where to ask this type of question? I would like to sell this locally and I know every market is different, but I'm looking for some help on what something like this would be worth. Its roughly a 6"x6" ball. Thanks in Advance

Would it be worth fragging up, and taking who knows how long to move each frag individually?

thumbnail.jpg
 
Do you know how many heads it is ?
IMO you’ll sell frags quicker than a colony.
 
Do you know how many heads it is ?
IMO you’ll sell frags quicker than a colony.

Sorry meant to list how many heads in the post. Approx 50 heads
I have an offer on the whole colony, just want to make sure its a good price
 
What’s the offer you’re getting
 
From your picture, i can't tell the colors very well and they will have an effect but in my area, LFSs sell non-fancy branching Euphylia frags for $15 to 25 per head and give about 5 in store credit for them. I imagine you could sell them to hobbies the in the 5 to 10 per head range.

Around here, I think you could get a lot more if you were to frag it, but it might not be worthy your time.
 
I was at my LFS last month and he was selling green w/ purple tips hammers for $10 per head but gave discounts on multiple heads. I bought frogspawn for $5 per head at a recent swap. $3 per head for a large amount is probably fair and I know I would take it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new