Pricing Question for a SUPER RARE Coral

bdesign

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a SUPER rare and knockout-GORGEOUS SPS coral that I MAY be willing to sell for the right price.

It's an Arctic-Frost, Supreme-Blanco, Snowflake-Blizzard Acropora (great name, right?)
It's super rare because it will not require very much light at all (none, actually) and absolutely NO feeding.

Here it is:

frost.jpg

QUESTION is this:
What should I price it at? $500? $2,220?
I want to be fair, but I know what I have here with a zero-maintenance coral... so no low-ballers.

I'm now going to open my PM inbox so that I can reply quickly to the forthcoming deluge of prospective buyers... GO.

Birddog

Hooked on Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An amazing piece and I think you're underestimating its value.

Take a look at some of the newly posted SPS one of the high priced Orlando, Florida vendors has for sale. I frequently look at their site, and have purchased from them in the past. I have done very well in business, have been very fortunate in my career, and support capitalism. They've posted in the last day or so a bunch of off color, small frags they're marketing as "chunky" for $600-$1800. What a joke, and as result they've forever lost my business.

Your piece is quite large and has nearly the same color as theirs. By their standard you should look to market your piece for 3-4.5K. Hope you can find a sucker for your fabulous, super chunky, low maintenance, snow flake beckoning acro.

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you post a photo of the coral in white light? I think that would help to determine the color. Do you have any information regarding the fact that this coral requires less care? Do you have a lineage.

It would be very nice if everyone on here would be more polite and strive to be more helpful.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you post a photo of the coral in white light? I think that would help to determine the color. Do you have any information regarding the fact that this coral requires less care? Do you have a lineage.

It would be very nice if everyone on here would be more polite and strive to be more helpful.

You do know it’s a joke thread, right?

Back