Princess damsel with white fin rot and spots

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ah crap, forgot to take a picture of the container. it’s one of these. The one i have is handwriting saying 1/2 tsp every 20 gallons

Oh - you are going to have difficulty holding the fish in that small of a container. Most antibiotics require 5 days of treatment. Also, that medication is going to be really difficult to "downsize" for that small of a water volume. If the container holds two gallons of water, then you would dose it with about 0.3 grams of medication - tough to measure! One trick would be to dissolve the 1/2 tsp of medication in 20 ounces of water and then use one ounce of that per gallon to be treated.

Jay

OP
OP
J

Joem50095

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh - you are going to have difficulty holding the fish in that small of a container. Most antibiotics require 5 days of treatment. Also, that medication is going to be really difficult to "downsize" for that small of a water volume. If the container holds two gallons of water, then you would dose it with about 0.3 grams of medication - tough to measure! One trick would be to dissolve the 1/2 tsp of medication in 20 ounces of water and then use one ounce of that per gallon to be treated.

Jay
no i wasn’t going to store the fish in the sauce container, i have a 3 gallon styrofoam box, the fraun 2 was in the sauce container, but the fish died overnight unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get it out last night as it kept going into the rocks. will be contacting the seller

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back