Prism ATO: Will not fill until below the third, bottom eye

testuser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, any of you have experience with using the Prism ATO? I noticed that it would only start to refill until it went below the third, final eye on the rod. Any suggestions, and is this to be expected?

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, any of you have experience with using the Prism ATO? I noticed that it would only start to refill until it went below the third, final eye on the rod. Any suggestions, and is this to be expected?
I have one on my frag tank and that is my experience as well. If you want less variance in water level, you could turn it diagonally. I’ve tried that and it didn’t alter performance or functionality in any way.

OP
OP
T

testuser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one on my frag tank and that is my experience as well. If you want less variance in water level, you could turn it diagonally. I’ve tried that and it didn’t alter performance or functionality in any way.
I wonder why. Sounds like a defect with the device. Is that vendor active here in this forum?

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder why. Sounds like a defect with the device. Is that vendor active here in this forum?
I think the sensors are just that far apart. Nothing wrong with the device and it works reliably and consistently for me.

OP
OP
T

testuser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the sensors are just that far apart. Nothing wrong with the device and it works reliably and consistently for me.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding how the device works, but it only starts to fill up when the water level goes below the device itself (third sensor). What would the purpose be for the first two sensors if it only fills up once it goes below the length of the device itself? I'd imagine it would only need one sensor if that were the case. Let me know if I'm misunderstanding how it works.

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I'm misunderstanding how the device works, but it only starts to fill up when the water level goes below the device itself (third sensor). What would the purpose be for the first two sensors if it only fills up once it goes below the length of the device itself? I'd imagine it would only need one sensor if that were the case. Let me know if I'm misunderstanding how it works.
The bottom sensor triggers the pump to turn on. The second sensor tells it to stop. The third one at the top is emergency back up.

OP
OP
T

testuser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bottom sensor triggers the pump to turn on. The second sensor tells it to stop. The third one at the top is emergency back up.
Makes perfect sense, I wasn't thinking we'll haha. Emergency backup, does that mean siphon back into the reservoir because the water level is too high?

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes perfect sense, I wasn't thinking well haha. Emergency backup, does that mean siphon back into the reservoir because the water level is too high?
I think it is just in case the second sensor fails for any reason. Redundancy.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back