Pro Clear/Pro Star Tanks

midgaar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I was at my LFS the other day I had mentioned I was thinking about purchasing a large CADE or Waterbox and the owner of the store asked my if I had heard of Pro Clear tanks. After giving me the sales pitch I have to say I was interested. Metal stand, glass doors, low iron glass and $1000 cheaper than CADE or Waterbox. I can't seem to find a ton of information on these tanks. Anyone have any experience with these tanks and how they stack up against the major competitors like Waterbox, CADE, or Redsea?

SPS247

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not hesitate to buy another pro clear. Mine has been running since Jan 20. I was going to do a build thread I just don’t have time. It’s an Amazing tank for the price. Can’t comment on other tanks but I almost pulled the trigger on The Red Sea until the seams started popping people where complaining and WaterBox lead time was to far out for me to wait. Photo was taken around Feb/March. One selling point for me on this tank was I had money to spare to buy equipment I wanted from the start. Good luck! There’s another guy on this site who has a build thread with this exact tank. Can’t remember his name.
5F84F4A3-99B2-462B-B62A-03360C664985.jpeg
I got my Pro Clear on sale during Xmas. No regrets! V1 220.

6EE6586F-16B1-4DA1-BA20-B4650AEFC4EB.jpeg

susan ingram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not hesitate to buy another pro clear. Mine has been running since Jan 20. I was going to do a build thread I just don’t have time. It’s an Amazing tank for the price. Can’t comment on other tanks but I almost pulled the trigger on The Red Sea until the seams started popping people where complaining and WaterBox lead time was to far out for me to wait. Photo was taken around Feb/March. One selling point for me on this tank was I had money to spare to buy equipment I wanted from the start. Good luck! There’s another guy on this site who has a build thread with this exact tank. Can’t remember his name.
5F84F4A3-99B2-462B-B62A-03360C664985.jpeg
I got my Pro Clear on sale during Xmas. No regrets! V1 220.

6EE6586F-16B1-4DA1-BA20-B4650AEFC4EB.jpeg
@bilabong73 here's the build thread: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/finally-got-the-tank.752079/

SPS247

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here’s another link i followed.

SPS247

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I was sold on the CADE due to the metal and glass stand but these have them too and the price is hard to overlook. Looks like I ha e some reading to do.
All these high end tanks coming out in the last year or two are amazing Here is an updated tank shot from today. Good luck on whatever you pick.

784C7A11-1FF8-4BAC-9995-CCEDF66D6132.jpeg

Two Tides Aquarium Supply

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SPS247 Nice tank, going to look even better in a few months / a year down the line when everything is growing out nice.

There are a lot of great build threads popping up for the ProStars which are good resources to take a look at. We are working at getting their name out there more and putting out some standard info for people to take a look out...some YouTube vids comin soon

Keep reefing y'all, and feel free to post questions here or PM, cheers

SPS247

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SPS247 Nice tank, going to look even better in a few months / a year down the line when everything is growing out nice.

There are a lot of great build threads popping up for the ProStars which are good resources to take a look at. We are working at getting their name out there more and putting out some standard info for people to take a look out...some YouTube vids comin soon

Keep reefing y'all, and feel free to post questions here or PM, cheers

Thanks! I’m doing all I can to resist filling in the negative space. I want stuff to grow in with plenty of room for flow and looks. My last tank was stuffed. I couldn’t work on anything without smashing something. Love the Pro Star.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I was at my LFS the other day I had mentioned I was thinking about purchasing a large CADE or Waterbox and the owner of the store asked my if I had heard of Pro Clear tanks. After giving me the sales pitch I have to say I was interested. Metal stand, glass doors, low iron glass and $1000 cheaper than CADE or Waterbox. I can't seem to find a ton of information on these tanks. Anyone have any experience with these tanks and how they stack up against the major competitors like Waterbox, CADE, or Redsea?
I have a Pro Clear Aquatic Systems sump and love it. Can't say anything about their tanks/stands but I would definitely buy one if I ever upgrade. Check their website, https://www.pro-clear.com/copy-of-prostar-rimless

creativeballance

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@creativeballance That's odd...usually they are just replaced if something happens. Did you not get the option to replace?
I didnt have the time to replace. I had a tank that had bubbled seams. My LFS "took care of the details". I ended up getting a very young (3 months used) planet aquarium for way less.

Two Tides Aquarium Supply

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt have the time to replace. I had a tank that had bubbled seams. My LFS "took care of the details". I ended up getting a very young (3 months used) planet aquarium for way less.
Yikes! Glad it got taken care of so quick. There’s not many things that gets aquarium owners more stressed than bubbled seams...other than heater failures, wobbly stands and algae outbreaks.

mikedee17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was a very hard decision but ultimately I decided to go with the CADE and will be accepting delivery on one this Friday. It was more expensive but it had a few extra features that ultimately won me over. Was it worth $1000 more, idk.
Which Cade did you go with? I am looking at the 1500 s2

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Prostar 90. I'm a big fan. Excellent quality glass and seams, and a well made and sturdy stand. Just keep in mind that it doesn't have a leveling mat, so you either need to have a level floor or adjust the stand with the leveling legs before moving the tank.

1669240663089.png

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 153 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back