Pro Clear ProStar 90 Gallons or 150 Gallons

bpbonds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go with the 150, anytime I ever had a small Aquarium I was always looking to upgrade cause I ran out of room for corals and fish.

OP
OP
DeadEnd

DeadEnd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am buying the exact same tank on Monday. I am upgrading from a standard 90 gallon rimmed tank, so it's a bit of an upgrade for me, but not a huge one.

Just a tip I want to give you if budget is an issue... look for used. I initially wanted to light this tank with 4 Radion XR15s ($2000 new) or 4 AI Hydra 32 HD ($1700 new) but instead, I ended up finding 4 used (but less than year old) AI Hydra 26 HDs at a total cost of $700. They aren't the newest model, but reefers have been lighting incredible SPS tanks with these lights for years so I have no problem finding yesterday's model if it saves me over a thousand dollars. I didn't get them all from the same person, so it was a little bit of persistence and patience on my part, but hunting these down and finding good deals was part of the fun. :)
Gratz man! Are you going to upgrade the plumbing? I saw a user that goes by the name BigC upgrade it. It looked pretty nice.

That's a great tip! Where would you recommend me looking for used components?

Don’t forget it’s going to cost a whole lot more to fill a 150g with corals than a 90g.

The weight might also be an issue. Can the floors support the weight of a 150 g ?
Yes it is going to cost more but I am going to take it slow and enjoy it. So it will take me a little bit of time to get where I want to.
I would go with the 150, anytime I ever had a small Aquarium I was always looking to upgrade cause I ran out of room for corals and fish.
Yes, I initially bought a 14 gallons tank but when I took it out of the box and looked at it I knew it was not going to work for me lol...

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have very happy with my Pro-Clear.
Thick super clear glass well seemed.
Aluminum framed stand, very stable.
Did not use adjusting feet, rather, base right to the floor to spread out that weight as much as possible.
11915D0E-37BC-4671-BC8E-DA8EA1E33082.jpeg

OP
OP
DeadEnd

DeadEnd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have very happy with my Pro-Clear.
Thick super clear glass well seemed.
Aluminum framed stand, very stable.
Did not use adjusting feet, rather, base right to the floor to spread out that weight as much as possible.
11915D0E-37BC-4671-BC8E-DA8EA1E33082.jpeg
Wow is that a 250?

TastesLikeChicken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You made the right choice going with the larger always go with the largest one possible for your situation.

You can also buy a lot of the equipment second hand. Lots of good stuff out there for lower price.

Congrats.

OP
OP
DeadEnd

DeadEnd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You made the right choice going with the larger always go with the largest one possible for your situation.

You can also buy a lot of the equipment second hand. Lots of good stuff out there for lower price.

Congrats.
Thank you so much! I am really excited!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 82 48.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back