Probably Lymphocystis in assessor

ThunderGoose

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2016
Messages
938
Reaction score
1,176
Location
Beverly, Mass
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my yellow assessor has what appears to be a classic case of Lymphocystis. THANKS to @melypr1985 for the pinned image and information post.

My assessor is the lowest fish on the tank pecking order (last to feed, tends to hide). I read that stress contributes to this disease. Should I remove her from the "big" tank and let her recover or set her up longer term in QT so she has a chance to grow before returning her to the big tank? Re-home her? Move her to my 10 gallon tank where she would be able to turn into a bully for my tiny fishes?

Other fishes: 2 ocellaris clowns, royal gramma, blackline blenny, goldline blenny, neon goby, sailfin blenny, yellow watchman goby. Tank is RSR 250 (55 gallons in display).

Thanks
 
How bad is it? Can you post a pic? Lympho typically is just an annoyance for most fish, unless it covers a sensitive area like the mouth (prevents eating) or gills (prevents breathing).
 
It's not bad at all - it's restricted to one pectoral fin.

I looked at her again when the lights came on to see if I could get a picture and the white area is already receding. I guess I don't need to worry about it after all.

Thanks for the quick response.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 35.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new