Problem connecting to wave engine

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a we today. Been trying to connect to it all night...keep getting the bellow message when trying to connect it to my home network...
Screenshot_20201223-210448.jpg

I know it has to do with my phones platform. Anybody have a work around for it, or is it just something I'm overlooking? Any help will be appreciated.

OP
OP
Scratch08

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you trying to connect to a 2G network?
To be honest I have no idea at the moment. Very long story, but I do not have access to my modem/router settings. Cable/internet provided by HoA, try to log in to router, goes to mediacom website, none of the user names/passwords available to me work to login...mediacom says I don't have a router per the account...however its sitting right in front of me ;Facepalm. Wife is picking up a new router as I type this...so will try again after new router is in...also don't know if this makes a difference or not on my issue, but just realized the unit i was sent has an etm card installed...I ordered a standard...

My order...
Screenshot_20201224-110333_Gmail.jpg

What ended up with...
20201224_111355.jpg

Guess its a fair trade for the pump cable they left out.

OP
OP
Scratch08

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok...so, tried the new router..no go. Been on the phone this morning with mediacom and now have access to the 2.4G wifi on my old router...still cant connect the WE to my wifi...still get the same message as above... The WE is breathing blue...and I have followed all the online steps to a T...need some help here please.

1608999431831.png

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok...so, tried the new router..no go. Been on the phone this morning with mediacom and now have access to the 2.4G wifi on my old router...still cant connect the WE to my wifi...still get the same message as above... The WE is breathing blue...and I have followed all the online steps to a T...need some help here please.

1608999431831.png
Hi! Sounds like you may need help from the experts at CoralVue. Submit a ticket by going to Support.CoralVue.com and a representative will be in contact with you soon.

OP
OP
Scratch08

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Sounds like you may need help from the experts at CoralVue. Submit a ticket by going to Support.CoralVue.com and a representative will be in contact with you soon.
Already did. Just recieved a reply from @Carlos@CoralVue , getting the info he asked for together now...Thanks

ReefyTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Scratch08 did you get it resolved?
I just bought a dual wifi controller and had the issue too, I knew newer os updates of android caused this error on certain apps. Luckily I had an older phone and was able to install the app. I logged in and got passed that. Now I can access it from my main phone and manage it without issues

I still reached out to support and hopefully they provide me a response anyways but Im thinking its probably an updated app.

OP
OP
Scratch08

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Scratch08 did you get it resolved?
I just bought a dual wifi controller and had the issue too, I knew newer os updates of android caused this error on certain apps. Luckily I had an older phone and was able to install the app. I logged in and got passed that. Now I can access it from my main phone and manage it without issues

I still reached out to support and hopefully they provide me a response anyways but Im thinking its probably an updated app.
I had to send mine in to Coralvue...apparently the firmware on the one I recieved was an old version and Carlos had me send it in. Glad you got yours working.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to send mine in to Coralvue...apparently the firmware on the one I recieved was an old version and Carlos had me send it in. Glad you got yours working.

Man you are just having no luck as of late it seems ;Blackeye

OP
OP
Scratch08

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man you are just having no luck as of late it seems ;Blackeye
Yeah it kinda seems that way. The wave engine was kind of an impulse buy ;Shy...the dual pump controller that came with the gyres works seamlessly, so at least I have working pumps...I just wanted more control of the gyres... already looking at other Hydros products for the "near" future ;Smuggrin

ReefyTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ahh good to know.. That maybe why mine worked afterwards with my newer phone.
When I got it connected on my older phone, I applied the latest firware update.

That maybe a good note for others. If you get that error try an older phone and see if it works while you wait for assistance from support.

I originally tried it with phones that are all at least 2 years old and failed but got it working via a note 3 but also noticed an older galaxy s6 didnt have the error too.

ReefyTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it kinda seems that way. The wave engine was kind of an impulse buy ;Shy...the dual pump controller that came with the gyres works seamlessly, so at least I have working pumps...I just wanted more control of the gyres... already looking at other Hydros products for the "near" future ;Smuggrin
Hahahaha. I understand the feeling, only had this working for 1 day and looking at the hydros wave engine now but need to do some research. So far really like the 4k, Ill see how it does over time.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back