Problem echinata

  • Thread starter Thread starter juannnn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

juannnn

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
78
Reaction score
7
Location
Alcoy
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My largest colony of echinata woke up this morning with a white patch in the center. I have had no parameter changes in the water. Any ideas?

IMG_20200815_103131.jpg
 
thats peeling pretty fast, personally Id probably frag up the colony making your cuts at least 1/2in away from recession, seal any open tissue/where you made you made the cuts with SG, then do a short lugols dip on the remaining pieces.

Sorry for your troubles, best of luck!
 
I have already cut it, but I do not know where the problem may come from, an acropora has never started to fight in the middle, always for the tips or the base. Does anyone know the possible reasons? Thank you
 
Lack of flow or light are the more likely causes for stn to occur in bigger pieces in otherwise healthy/stable aquariums. If you haven’t had any recent and sudden changes that would be my bet.
 
My acropora carduu is having the same problem now, when large tissues are lost in the center, stable parameters strong flow, I follow the zeovit method and only feed the corals with acropower
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20210330_103545.jpg
    IMG_20210330_103545.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 42
Maybe a toxin in the water or a pest? I'd run some carbon, do a water change, and look at the dead tissue under a microscope.
 
I have only had problems with those two acropores that are very similar species, the other corals are fine. I have frags of that acropora perfectly, only the piece is wrong
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new