Problem Resetting Alarm for Leak Detection

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my Leak Detector set up to shut off the skimmer if there was an overflow. Sure enough, there was an overflow and the skimmer shut off as it should. But now I can't reset the Alarm "ERROR" on the LEVEL window. I tried pulling out the plugs, rebooted the Profilux, and removed the command from the Switch socket for the skimmer. Nothing worked. (When I try to reset the ERROR, the "X" goes away for a split second then returns)>
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as the Leak function is still being used (Assigned to a control Circuit), unplugging the cables will not work because the system will trigger the same response as if there were a leak. It's a safety response.

The pins are very sensitive to any conductive water and salt crystals. Depending on the extent of the leak, you may need to disconnect the sensor and give it a good cleaning.

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as the Leak function is still being used (Assigned to a control Circuit), unplugging the cables will not work because the system will trigger the same response as if there were a leak. It's a safety response.

The pins are very sensitive to any conductive water and salt crystals. Depending on the extent of the leak, you may need to disconnect the sensor and give it a good cleaning.
So just unplugging (removing) the sensor from the plug won't work? I have two cables coming out of the box. One goes to the sensor for the skimmer overflow. The other one has just a bare cable. (I removed the sensor/box from this one because I have no use for it at the moment and this seems to not trigger an alarm, so I would think that removing the sensor the one that was just triggered would be good enough). I did wash the prongs with freshwater and dried them but will try that again.
But wouldn't it be enough to remove command from the switch channel and unplug everything related to the Leak detector?

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And, I forgot to mention that I replaced the wet sensor with a dry sensor (never used) and I still couldn't remove the ERROR.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my leak detector set up. See if yours is similar
To get a sensor clean I have had to take it apart scrub it with RODI water and then blow dry it. Hope this helps.

As stated if I unplug the sensor it causes an error code.

D55AA02C-AAD1-4637-BE96-C8E4C8F7BE38.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my leak detector set up. See if yours is similar
To get a sensor clean I have had to take it apart scrub it with RODI water and then blow dry it. My alarm will shut off when I disconnect. Hope this helps.

D55AA02C-AAD1-4637-BE96-C8E4C8F7BE38.png
You said: "My alarm will shut off when I disconnect." By "disconnect" do you mean removing the sensor from the cord? I'm thinking that that should be enough to allow the Alarm Error to be reset but it is not happening for me. In case this might be helpful, here is my screenshot:
Screenshot (14).png

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it! I took both sensors apart, dipped the prongs in RO/DI and dried with hairdryer. Then I found the error was reset. Actually I'm not sure if the drying did it or just time. But I still don't understand why just pulling the plug out of the sensor would not be enough to allow the reset. When I pull the plug out now, it stays "reset."
Thanks for helping, guys.

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After updating the firmware, I had the same problem again where I couldn't get rid of the ALARM "X" on the Control Circuit page (and my skimmer wouldn't come on). (Everything was working fine before the Firmware upgrade). To resolve the problem, I figured out that if you reset the OPERATIONAL MODE from "Leak Detection" back to "Always Off", then back to "Leak Detection" again, then the ALARM "X" will go away. ….just in case this helps anyone.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After updating the firmware, I had the same problem again where I couldn't get rid of the ALARM "X" on the Control Circuit page (and my skimmer wouldn't come on). (Everything was working fine before the Firmware upgrade). To resolve the problem, I figured out that if you reset the OPERATIONAL MODE from "Leak Detection" back to "Always Off", then back to "Leak Detection" again, then the ALARM "X" will go away. ….just in case this helps anyone.
That could be useful come firmware upgrade time. I know after doing the firmware and doing setting resets in the past one final reboot helps too.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 71 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%
Back